Monday, April 29, 2019

Abortion advocates need to be honest about their mission's meaning



I just read some pro-abortion Facebook users assuring one another, a bit too loudly, that their opponents are the immoral ones.I suspect their consciences are bothering them.
I once supported abortion. In fact, my first organizing, in the mid-eighties, was for NARAL. But recent years' advancements in medical technology, and my own return to faithful Catholicism, rendered such advocacy unjustifiable.
So, my own experience tells me not each abortion supporter is a bad person. They're just completely wrong on this matter. And unborn babies pay the price.As contemporary knowledge of unborn babies' development and sensory capacities increases, clinging desperately to threadbare 'choice' slogans and 30 year-old lab data looks pathetically unrealistic.The quality of humanity does not turn on whether a third party wants the baby to be a baby. It is one, independently.Medical science has established that.
Abortion advocates, were they to acknowledge that objective truth, would have the task of arguing that some innocent human beings must die. And that advocates' desires are of more importance than 'unwanted' people's lives.
Apparently that is already their belief. But I have yet to hear them honestly articulate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter</